--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Regarding  bluebishop82's comment:
>

> Let's clear up a few things.   Abramoff is not a "Republican"
> scandal.  Democrat Minority leader  Harry Reid took $60K from
> Abramoff and won't give it back.   Republican Majority leader Bill
> Frist took $1K and gave it back.   Whose scandal is it?  I predict
it
> will take down members of both  parites.
>

> If you believe that, you don't know Jack, the Jack Abramoff scandal
that  is.
>  The Rove-Rushian Repugs' disinformation campaign has been very
successful
> in fact-fogging.  The Dems in question took money from  legitimate
Indian tribe
> lobbyists, not Abramoff:
> "The tribes were already giving money to Democrats before Mr.
Abramoff
> entered the picture; he persuaded them to reduce those Democratic
donations,  while
> giving much more money to Republicans. A study commissioned by The
American
> Prospect [a nonpartisan firm,  _American  Prospect Online - Dems
Don’t Know
> Jack_
> (http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?
section=root&name=ViewWeb&articleId=10924)   ] shows that  the
tribes' donations to Democrats fell by 9 percent
> after they hired Mr.  Abramoff, while their contributions to
Republicans more
> than doubled. So in any  normal sense of the word "directed," Mr.
Abramoff
> directed funds away from  Democrats, not toward them.
> True, some Democrats who received tribal donations before Mr.
Abramoff's
> entrance continued to receive donations after his arrival. How,
exactly, does
> this implicate them in Mr. Abramoff's machinations? Bear in mind
that no
> Democrat has been indicted or is rumored to be facing indictment in
the Abramoff
> scandal, nor has any Democrat been credibly accused of doing Mr.
Abramoff
> questionable favors.
> There have been both bipartisan and purely Democratic scandals in
the past.
> Based on everything we know so far, however, the Abramoff affair is
a purely
> Republican scandal."   - Paul Krugman,   _A  False Balance - New
York Times_
> (http://select.nytimes.com/2006/01/30/opinion/30krugman.html?
n=Top/Opinion/Edito
> rials%20and%20Op-Ed/Op-Ed/Columnists/Paul%20Krugman)
> Dorgan and Reid have been strong supporters of tribal issues since
they
> became lawmakers.  In contrast:  "Jack Abramoff was doing two
things:  (1)
> massively overbilling tribes he admitted to loathing (see those
internal  e-mail
> memos); (2) partially earning his keep by giving things of value to
his  buddies
> on Capitol Hill [all Republicans] so they would support tribe-
favored
> legislation they would not otherwise have backed. "  Russ  Baker
_TomPaine.com  -
> Money Motivations_
> (http://www.tompaine.com/articles/20060131/money_motivations.php)
>
> And the so-called liberal media have done little defogging.
>
> It is admirable that many mainstream Republicans have tried to
distance
> themselves from the the likes of Ralph Reed, Jerry Falwell, Pat
Robertson, Divid
> Duke et al; unfortunately, the party did sell its soul, in a sense,
by
> pandering  to those guys and the voters they're also able to
deliver.

> ========Original  Message========     Subj: [AsburyPark] Re:
BlueBishop,
> religion and Republicans....  Date: 2/1/2006 11:38:33 AM Eastern
Standard Time
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   To:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com)
Sent on:
> I caught that when he said it, and I immediately  thought of you,
my
> friend.
>
> Let's clear up a few things.   Abramoff is not a "Republican"
> scandal.  Democrat Minority leader Harry  Reid took $60K from
> Abramoff and won't give it back.  Republican  Majority leader Bill
> Frist took $1K and gave it back.  Whose scandal is  it?  I predict
it
> will take down members of both parites.
>
> As to  the President's concern that activist Judges might re-define
> marriage, well  I share that concern.  You see marriage isn't
defined
> in the  Constitution at all.  Not even heterosexual marriage.  Any
> judge  trying to offer a "definition" of marriage based on
> Constitutional law, be  he for or against anyone's marriage, is
over-
> stepping his judicial bounds no  matter what result he "makes up."
>
> "Definitions" aside, there is an  entirely different argument to be
> made on constitutional equal rights  grounds.  On that point I have
> distanced myself from both the postions  of one George W. Bush and
> one John F. Kerry.  I did so quite publicly,  and I believe my
column
> entitled "Don't Weaponize the Constitution, Mr.  President" has
been
> posted on gayasburypark.com for about 2 years  now.
>
> It is a well run site Joe.  You should check it out  sometime.
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Joe D'Andrea  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Will the BlueBishop, who was quick to  distance himself from
MOG's
> religious views likewise distance himself from  President Bush's
> inference that same-sex relationships are immoral  institutions
that
> must be shielded from children and equating them with the  lobbying
> scandals that have plagued his Republican Party in recent  weeks?
> >
> > For the State of the Union address:
> > "Many  Americans, especially parents, still have deep concerns
> about the direction  of our culture, and the health of our most
basic
> institutions. They are  concerned about unethical conduct by public
> officials, and discouraged by  activist courts that try to redefine
> marriage," said President Bush,  ethically tying marriage equality
> for same-sex couples to kick-back scandals  that have led to the
> indictment of Republican House Leader Tom Delay and a  senior White
> House official.
> >
> > "I am encouraged by the  progress the President has made in
> appointing judges 'who are servants of  the law' and who refuse 'to
> legislate from the bench,' marriage is a concern  that cannot be
left
> to the prerogative of the courts," said Family Research  Council
> President Tony Perkins in reaction to the address.
> >
> >  Immediately after President Bush compared the recognition of
same-
> sex  marriage to Republican ethics scandals, Republican National
> Committee  Chairman Ken Mehlman emailed Republican supporters in
> response. Mehlman  urged past contributors to the Republican
National
> Committee to sign a  petition supporting the points President Bush
> made in his address, and to  contact Congress to convey that
support.
> The request was followed by a  solicitation for "soft money" funds
> for the committee.
> >
> >  Well, will he?
> >

> Yahoo! Groups  Links
>Thank you for that clarification.  The Bishop is an EXPERT at double-
speak, to be sure!  Abramhoff is a Republican Lobbyist whose ONLY job
is to CATER to republicans, ONLY! This is a Republican scandal and
the DEMS are NOT going to do ANYTHING to help the REPUGS from
SHOOTING themselves in BOTH feet!  Anything and I do mean ANYTHING
the Dems did while Bill Clinton was in office, however trivial, was
exploded out of proportion! You have a President voted in by the
Supreme Court, NOT by the PEOPLE, otherwise Gore would have been
President! He got the popular vote in 2000.  The Supreme Court
STOPPED the vote count in Florida over-ruling the Florida Supreme
court! Talk about States rights!  Then you had Diebold with its
paperless trail of no vote verification in Ohio and other
states "fixing" the vote for Bush, AGAIN! Did you ever see an
inauguration parade where GARBAGE and Protestors there? No, NEVER!
Just view Fahrenheit 9-11 and see what I'm talking about! You have
Corporate take-over and the K Street crowd, running this country
where bush is just their "front" man, their puppet, that when his
strings are pulled, he speaks from his earpiece mounted in that empty
skull of his! I am Democrat! Hear me ROAR! When a Democrat is accused
of something he is virtually RAKED over the coals, by BOTH parties!
Will Tom "the Hammer" DeLay go to jail? I doubt it! Will Bill Frist?
What about Abramoff?  Will Bush and Cheney be Impeached for stealing
the treasury blind? For Domestic Spying? For a illegal war?  Hey, we
are a military family. You think I don't support the troops? I
support them with my soul! I come from military men and women who
have ALL proudly served this country! I lobby for the veterans to get
compensation for their wounds, agent orange, ptsd's and a damn right
to get a doctor's appointment without waiting up to 6 months to get
one! This, from a country that won't even outfit the men and women
serving, PROPERLY! I support democracy ANYWHERE that the country in
question, WANT it! If blind-Bishop had SERVED in the military, he
wouldn't be so quick to send someone ELSE's kid over there! So far
this year, I've sent over 1000 letters to Congress and the Senate
pleading and begging for just compensation to veterans who have
served a grateful nation.  We are NOT a Republican or Democratic
Country, we're an American Country! Prosecute any legislator of ANY
party that breaks the law and ignores the constitution, that they
took an oath to serve! Support Our Veterans, write or call your
representatives, TODAY!