Gotta disagree with you there dfs. Italians are portrayed as
criminals and terrorists far more than blacks, Latinos, or Arabs
combined.

Zogby did a survey a few years ago, asking teens how they perceived
ethnicity in movies/television.

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=348

When asked to identify the role a person of a particular ethnic or
racial background would be most likely to play in a movie or on
television, teen agers cited familiar stereotypes:

Italian Americans - 44% Crime bosses/Gang members; 34% restaurant
workers
Arab Americans - 49% Vendors/Convenience store clerks; 34%
Terrorists
African Americans - 32% Athletes; 31% Gang members; 11% Police
officers
Hispanic Americans - 27% Gang members; 17% Factory workers
Irish Americans - 26% Drunkards; 15% Police officers; 11% Factory
workers
Jewish Americans - 22% Doctors/Lawyers; 10% Teachers
Asian Americans and Polish Americans - expected to have more varied
roles, races least apt to fit one stereotype

I watched the cartoon "Shark Tale" with my kids, and I was more
horrified at the Italian stereotypes than any episode of Sopranos.
For me, the worst part of Sopranos is how they butcher the beautiful
Italian language. Everytime I hear "gabba-goo" or "stu-gatz" I think
of my illiterate grandmother, not third generation Americans who are
trying to maintain a semblance of their heritage.