If all of us could get along better in some way.Become united as
Citzens,Property Owner"s Business Owners people that donate time in specail
ways to watch over these Developers.What we need is more Peace among us.Some
Developers put alot of Time & Labor in this City take the time to do i the
right way.It all comes down to their princples period.I served on a Berlin Wall
seen people stand on line for bread in East Berlin for hours if they come to
West Berlin they be shot or blow up by a mine as they cross a line in the
ground.We throw away bread here Supermarkets over bake it.Some of us are very
wasteful.Some of us take our Freedom for granted at times.Let's try to become
United in preserving this City in an Honest Way.Think about that next time you
go by Lake & Bond St. & look at the VFW Flag Pole & see the Flag of Peace at
the bottom.A Pearl Harbor Flag flys above it.A U.S.M.C. Veteran gave that Flag
to put up.We was offer several million dollars for the VFW building & parking
lot.I rather fix up the parking lot lease it out to the right people & donate
the money to Veterans maintaining the building & people in real need of it.Or
sell to the right person.Everything comes down to a Vote with us.Before Harrys
anyone could park their when we wasn't using it for free.Known we are working
something out with the new restaurant for Friday & Saturday's evenings.They are
very nice people.We let some people & groups use the building for free for
meetings.You can only let so many.My first Mentor Joe Scott setbup the first
Drum & Bugle Band in Asbury Park High School threw the VFW.Their is WWII
Veterans passing away everyday at large numbers they gave us our Freedom we
have today we could be speaking a differant language without them & what they
did.Alot of these Veterans are my Mentors & are the reason I care so much about
the Flag in this City.It took me months to get a America Flag on a State
building threw a State Senator.I was told by a State worker that the State
wouldn't send him a Flag.I could only imagine how long permits are taking from
the State for major work on the Ocean Front.Remember that Peace Flag happens to
be Red, White & Blue just like the one on top.Lets all get United here cut down
on the fighting among us.We have enough going in the world.Evryone was United
this pass March 11 at the Wonder Bar what a night.That night goes into the
Asbury Park Music Hall of Fame in my Eyes.

James Grabe
Veterans Alliance
Asbury Park N.J.