Interesting negotiation today that we are involved in. A $13m deal.

A national developer we approached to flip a property to. The
seller, a foreign investor, the buyer for the developer, by
coincindence, from the same country, same last name.

Buyer made offer.
Seller politely laughed.
I said nothing.

The bs'd for a while.
We went to perkins.
Seller offered the buyer a job in his country, as he was impressed
with the buyer's experience.

He told her - "how long can this job last - there is only so much
land in this county..."

Point: All your negotiating skills are easily removed - when the
parties have either common ties or big $. Both witnessed today.

And I think the deal will go.):

PS...the developer, even before making the offer, had very
impressive drawings and a game plan - time lines - from acquistion
to last unit sold.