"I have neither the power nor inclination to affect what anyone
reports. Hopefully, only the truth, the whole truth and nothing but
the truth gets reported. I cannot understand anyone who wants to stand
in the way of the truth coming to light."

Fred belongs to that small clique of Asburians for whom "the truth
will [never] set them free".

These folks live in a bubble of good thoughts, joyous memories, and
look forward to a utopian future, wherein their every wish may be
bestowed, all irritants shall be hidden away and the notion of
disappointment will be forgotten; they will have their cake and eat it
too, in an Asbury even the gods will envy.