> Now had I been able to influence what was written (and in fact if
> anything at all was written), that would have been a story worth
> reading. It is obvious that the local newspapers here, including the
> APP, Coaster and TCN are not interested in reporting the facts and
> the truth. They are only interested in selling advertizing and their
> own agendas.

You're absolutely right in that.  Even though Upstage Magazine is just an
arts & entertainment paper, we've been banned at times at Asbury Park places
like the Stone Pony for printing things which the club took offense at.
Meanwhile, the clamoring by TCN to have the Stone Pony blown up somehow
disappeared once the ad dollars flowed.

It is extremely difficult to have honor in the publishing game when
advertising dollars are at stake.  Some of us still try to hold to that
truth while many others simply go for the money.  It's a shame.  There used
to be a time where businesses (such as Asbury Partners) would rather do
things to garner GOOD press rather than simply buy a newspaper out to avoid
bad press.  I've told people like the Stone Pony several times that if you
don't want to see something bad written just do things that impress us.  All
businesses can work that way.   Good press shouldn't make bad things go away
but it makes it easier to deal with the bad stuff.  Unfortunately, what we
have now in Asbury Park is an awful lot of bad stuff and no paper in the
area willing to expose it.