On 2/28/06 11:16 AM, "Skip Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Call them whatever makes you comfortable,
> lots, decks, garages, etc they'll need to be in close proximity to
> venues, and I doubt they'll turn significant revenue.

It would be interesting to see a study of parking decks in New Brunswick and
how they affect the traffic throughout the town.  Of all of the towns we
distribute our paper to New Brunswick has the most parking garages.  There's
at least 3-4 major size ones.  Most, if not all, seem to be full each day
with parking at about $1 per hour up to $12-15 per day.

New Brunswick is also a town with a tremendous amount of foot traffic
throughout the town.  While there are tons of big businesses there, much
traffic is from people shopping, eating in the restaurants, and attending
live events.  Personally, I think the town does so well because they have
made it very easy for people who don't know the area very well to find
parking.

Now, Werner is right in that New Brunswick has offered their parking garages
on the side streets (with plenty of signs for the garages on the main roads)
and that's probably the best way to do it; however, the important thing is
giving people a place to park.