At 9:16 PM -0500 3/2/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I don't usually comment on what goes on at a council meeting, but at the last
>council meeting our mayor showed his hand when a black woman in the audience
>went to the mike and made a derisive comment alluding to a white woman in the
>audience and our mayor laughed and applauded her remarks.
>As an elected official, he should be setting an example for his constituency;
>not overtly showing favoritism for one ethnic group over another.  Had Nancy
>Shields been in the audience, the incident would have appeared in the Asbury
>Press.

Nancy was there. You'd know that if you were paying attention instead of
carrying on your own meeting with "that white woman" you adore. Everyone in the
room laughed except for you and your mini-meeting friends. Perhaps if "that
white woman" hadn't carried on under her breath in a voice loud enough for
everyone to hear, no one would have felt a need to respond to "that white
woman." And BTW, the black woman you are referring to did not allude to
anything.... she made a statement of fact quite emphatically.

Only someone like you would characterize this interaction as racial.

Now as for setting an example for one's constituency... when are you going to
stand up for your constituency and reveal what you know about mog?