--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Dan, being the "new guy" on the block you are most likely not
aware
> that preservation planning is what was asked of the Council by the
> public. The economic benefits have long been  known since NJ did
one of
> the first formal studies on the subject.

Even as a newbie I am quite aware of that and other facts. I think I
have a better understanding of the underlying documents and issues
than many who have been here decades. I was just bringing it up
again and adding more fuel to the fire.

On the issue of moving city hall, I think may lean that way because
the current complex is ugly and inefficent. Moving it to some would
perhaps provide a chance to anchor Springwood and extend the
business district and an opportunity to build something special on
Main at the transportation center. The municipal complex could stay
there but be rebuilt vertically. The vacant buildings you are
talking about are all being (for the most part) converted to condos.

Unfortunately we cannot rewrite the history of the WRP, well we
could perhaps through lawsuits or if the council was willing since
the current plan has definitely not been lawfully adopted. The
chances of the latter are less than zero, and that shows how short-
sighted the council is.

I will give the redevlopment subcommittee the benefit of the doubt
and hope the rumors I heard are wrong. Absent that, it is plain to
see that the city has failed miserably in this redevelopment. It is
simply unwilling or unable to have the master developer live up to
its obligations. I am amiss why there has not been a revolution in
the streets of AP about this.