> What conceivable "frictions" did George have in mind? In Charles
> Hooper's entry on Henry George in the Fortune Encyclopedea of
> Economics, the possibility of clearly separating improvements from
land
> rent is challenged.

Something from the intro on my website. I always think of what is
going on in AP when I read it.

"Of all Bargains and Contracts among men, there are scarce any which
deserve more serious consideration than the conveyance of Land or
Houses.
For Bargains of this nature are usually of a long continuance, and
many times of great consequence. Yet there is no affair wherein the
most part of men are more subject to erre, and not only to deceive
others, but many times their owne selves."

        Henry Phillips, The Purchaser's Pattern - 1653