There is a very attractive 20's era brick building on Main Street just
north of Franks Deli. Storefronts faceing Main and a nice residential
entrance faceing 6th.

I've been watching it's rehabilitation with great expectations, new
windows, repointed brickwork, restored storefronts in the future.

Yesterday it was being painted white. Yes, this beautiful brick
building that has survived for decades and conveyed a sense of history
and heritage about our city is being painted white.

Another piece of the City's architectural heritage whitewashed over.

How ironic that the "new ownership" was highlighted in the Tri-City
News several months ago and hailed for doing the right thing to restore
this site. I can only think of one explaination - ignorance.

Werner