> You better lay off AP Press, triCity and Coaster until you take the
> lead here first, friend.  This is more your paper's story than anyone
> else's.
>
> You should devote a month to it.

Actually I have written about it often and will continue to write about it;
however, this is a story a LOCAL paper should be running non-stop.  We're
not a local paper.  We have to concern ourselves with a 50 mile radius and
can't devote an issue to one town.  The Coaster is basically the Asbury Park
area, each issue of TCN is roughly 60-70% Asbury, and the Press (even though
it covers a large area) still keeps Asbury Park in its name, so they should
care too.

This is not about the music or entertainment.  This is about business owners
who are proving that things can be done in Asbury Park succesfully and who
are doing it NOW.  While we all wait for the master plan to fall in place,
these business owners are taking chances and showing that things shouldn't
have to take so long.  That's a general issue.  The issue of should the town
be controlled solely by one entity or make adjustments to the plan.  Maybe
they screwed up when they set up the plan, maybe they didn't - that all
depends on your point of view.  But to say that business owners were wrong
to acquire properties deemed in the redevelopment zone and wrong to fix them
up hoping the plan would be changed is just not fair.  Would you rather see
abandoned buildings everywhere for years and years as opposed to success
stories?

Those are the types of stories I'd want to read in a general newspaper.
Apparently, the local papers disagree.  Somehow, I have a strong feeling
that the lack of interest in fighting for these people in print is directly
due to your post with one landlord through town. If there is just one
landlord that means there will be only one potential advertiser and you
shouldn't tick them off.

It's all politics.  I bet if the Asbury Park Press was still family owned,
they would have run a story or two. Or, at least I'd like to think so.