Toni,

The Association doesn't play games.  The BOE has voted to withhold
two increments in two months.  One black and one white.  The
Association assigned attorney's to both.  We don't pick and choose
who we want to represent.  We represent all.  I have never had any
of these black and white thoughts that you proclaim so many have.
My family settled in this city 100 years ago, on the West Side.  We
had businesses here, made money here, lost money here through the
riots, and lived here.  We decided to come back to this city to work
because of our roots here.

As for the "pro teacher pro union board member", please enlighten me
so that I can finally win one battle with the BOE instead of having
to go to arbitration and waste senseless Association money and BOE
money.  This is not about "black/white", but about what is wrong and
right.  As long as you continue to tout black and white separation,
people will continue to believe that this is the main issue and it
will never be resolved.

As for the children, this Association always puts the children
first.  I keep hearing from you how we don't do anything extra.  You
forget all the programs at night that many staff members go to in
support of the children, without even an acknowledgement.  But
that's OK.  The staff members don't do it for acknowledgement, they
do it because they want to.  Most of the staff members are not here
because they have to be, they are here because they WANT to be.

Obviously, unless, as a BOE member, you don't vote 100% of the time
in favor of all recommendations of the Chief School Administrator,
you are considered "pro union".  What about right and wrong and a
fair trial?  Shouldn't every voice be heard, as you said about the
children?  Or are the staff members different and not allowed to
speak up and say what is right and wrong?  I can't afford to "play
games" when it comes to an Association member's livelihood, his/her
career.

    --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wre:

> Let's not play games here the union has BOE members in their
pockets not
> that but it has become a black & white issue with the school
board.  If  you are
> a white teacher our faithful pro teacher pro union board member
will  fight
> for the teacher even if the teacher has not been teaching for
years.   Retired
> with full pay.  Until the games stop with the black/white issue,
you will not
> have a whole board working together for the same purpose THE
CHILDREN.