So that's why I felt insulted. Thanks, Werner.
It's like someone is saying, "here you little cruds. You'll probably think this is bigtime." Don't they know we've all been to Coney Island?

In a message dated 4/23/2006 3:15:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com writes:
Message: 4
   Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:32:06 -0000
   From: "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Design Competition Huge Success !

The bushes and "landscaping" are a huge waste of money and effort, as
are the rediculous paint schemes.

'You can put lip-stick on a pig, but it's still a pig'

IF they would just spend their efforts on properly repairing and
maintaining those buildings the entire beachfront would look 1000%
better.

Clean the brick, repair the windows, use paint sparingly and in
appropriate colors, etc

The entire beachfront is an offically recognized National Historic
Treasure.

What they are doing (and the City is allowing) is an insult to Asbury
Park and everyone in it.

Werner

Maureen Nevin
Asbury Radio -"The Radio Voice of Asbury Park"
88.1FM - "5" Years on the Air!!
Asbury's Own Live Talk Show
601 Bangs Avenue
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on 88.1FM or