--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Skip Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When you've not drunk in days a puddle of muddy water may tempt, when
> you haven't eaten for a week an old shoe might cause you to drool,
and
> when you've lived in a once great city, whose delights have been left
> to rack and ruin for 30 years, the demolition of a 12 story eyesore
> could cause you to think the future bright; however, it is equally
> likely that this joyous moment merely hides and disguises a multitude
> of sins not dealt with, still lying just beneath the surface.

I hear you! They're making it look like "something" is being done when
in essence, it's the end of one mistake, going back from 84' to the
present! All of these problems go back to 1984.  What were a lot of
you doing back then? Back when they shut the boardwalk down? I had 3
kids in college, with no financial aid, loans, or anything! Still had
2 kids in Jr. High and High School! OK, 3 tears in a bucket for me!
I'll bet half of the posters ween't living here, then, and if so, no
one knew the repercussions of the nightmare Carabetta eventually took
us through! He virtually drained the life's blood, what was left of
it, OUT of this City! Now here we are 22 years later and how far have
we come with the Partners? Another oxymoron! Ler Er' Rip!