Subj: [AsburyPark] Asbury Diner
Date: 4/29/2006 11:30:11 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent on:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote....
> I remember the Asbury Diner, too! Every time I
> pass that disgusting gas station, I try to remember what was there,
> before that eye-sore!

I was young when it was still there but I've always remembered the Asbury
Diner being on the southeast corner of Main & Asbury, where the former
Rite Aid/now prosecutor's office stands.

According to a 1964 city tourist guide scanned and posted at oakdorf's
site (link below), the address of the diner was 712 Main, which would put
it on the east side of the street, not the west where the auto repair shop
is now. The prosecutor's office has an address of 710 Main, according to
Google. I'm sure some of you long time city dwellers/veteran visitors can
weigh in.

I like how the guide lists the diner's telephone exchange as PRospect 4
but the Howard Johnson's as 774 -- perhaps an inadvertent prediction of
HoJo's longevity?

The link: http://asburyboardwalk.com/guide64/pg25.htm