It may be important to note that Long Branch has put off our shelter for close to 10 years now.  What we do we have done outside the box... pun!

The word on the street however is that once Asbury Open's it's homeless shelter those that are still living in the abandoned buildings and in the shadows here will be moving there.

Some who can not get shelter because of background checks have criminal histories that are in certain cases 20 years old.  They have no current legal problems other than what comes withthe territory, vagrancy, breaking and entering (mostly empty buldings) overcrowding rooms and tresspass.

Once you become homeless, it is not too long before you can have some civil problems bordering on criminal, much as is seen in the B & E's to gain access to an abandoned building.

It's a tough situation.  I wouldn't condemn a shelter, especially if it is operating well, I would attempt to discuss your concerns with the operators.

If you decide to spend $15,000 to fight this, remember you may be fighting a protected group.  I would discover if they are that first.  To fight only makes the problem bigger.  Try to work things out.  Homeless people, are people who need to be taken off the streets and made to conform to community at large.  Unfortunately, mental illness within the homeless population is an area very few people work on.

Rev. Kevin Brown

Lighthouse Christian Center
162 Broadway, PO BOX 308
Long Branch, NJ 07740-0308
732.222.6224 - 732.822.7161
www.lighthousemission.com

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate Asbury park

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS