Hmmm....

Asking if Asbury radio is covering the storry is a knock?   I guess then I also knoced the Asbury Park Press.   So you can add both to your list of knocks.

dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, Allan Peterson <nnjallans1@...>
wrote:

> I send my congrats to the GLH board. They have been well
organized and rather than just complain about the same old,
collectively as a group have made progress. I am surprised that our
elected officials are unable to react and have allowed this to get
passed. While I do not know all the details, I'm guessing something
could have been done. I think we all agree that there should be
support for homeless we don't need any additional here. Especially
for outside towns. Publicity would help. Asbury Radio where are
you? I have not seen this story in the press either?

Allan

If you come to council meetings on a regular basis, as I've
suggested before, you would have heard, Maureen, myself, and others
discuss the issue of this shelter. The city claims that they
attempted to deny a permit for the shelter and that it was taken to
court and the city lost. The city claims that they are being forced
by the court to allow the shelter. The first step to know what is
going on and trying to change things is to attend council meetings.
I told the city that they should ty for once, to condemn something
it doesn't want instead of things people want to stay (Baronet). Use
eminent domain to acquire the shelter property, but for a public
use. Various groups run charitable services in this city, fail to
police the people who use them, and they return home to their own
communities which these operations do not impact. BTW Allan, another
knock at Asbury Radio by you.