> The system.
>
> A women wound up in my office today. Said she wanted to buy this
building.
> Looked Obvious she was homeless or in bad shape.
> Told me with all those work at home programs, she could pay it off.
> Then she told me she was getting eviced from a trailer in wall twp.
> told me she gets socia; security and va benefits - $1k month.
> Told me she has no place to go.
> So I call Social serivces.
> She has no kids.
> I get transferred
> She has va benefits.
> I get transferred.
> To get to the shelter in Fort Monmouth, they need backround
checks, paper work etc etc.
> This women was aparently there before. She cried it was bad there.
> After 8 calls....I finally offered, and drove, her  to the Neptune
Social Serivces offices.

> There was simply no place, no one for her to talk to.
>
> Totally lost in the system.
>
> So what do you do?
>
> These people, like it or not, do exist.
>
> One day, it could be you, your parent, or your own kid - totally
lost, in one of the
> wealthiest counties.
>
> NIMBY.

I don't think anyone suggests that we shirk our social
responsibility. What it is however is an overload on the city. More
importantly, many of these services start shipping clients into the
faciltiies. It is one thing to take care of your own town's problem,
and even pick up some of the outside area's problems, but it is
another to become a dumping ground. Furthermore, the self-policing
of these faciltiies is many times not sufficient. First hand
experience look at what goes on many times at Trinity's lunch. It is
a problem.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM