Help Asbury come out in style at the NYC LGBT Pride March in
Manhattan this Sunday! We're going to have a blast, tossing around
beach balls, marching behind a fabulous beach-scene float blaring
great music before thousands of cheering spectators, reviewing
stands, etc. We are a group of straight and gay peoples, sponsored
by the AP UEZ, marching to show that Asbury is a place welcoming of
diversity.

This email contains all the detailed information you need to know.
Please copy it and forward it to friends who may be interested. All
who love Asbury are welcome to attend--Asbury residents and non-
residents alike. Gay and straight alike.

If you are planning to go, or are even thinking of going, PLEASE
email us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with your name, number of those
joining you, and email address. We want to have an idea of the
number of people to expect, and contact you with important info. And
of course, write to us if you have any questions!

Brett Lowell & Michael Brim

DETAILS & LOGISTICS

GETTING THERE:
The group must assemble in NYC by 11:30 AM on this Sunday, June 25.
The meeting spot is W.56th between 5th & 6th Avenues, in the middle
of the block. The float will not be there...look for the AP sign and
people you know. There will also be a large group of people meeting
to take the 8:51 AM train from Asbury Park train station (8:55 AM
from Allenhurst). If you get on at AP station, leave time to get a
ticket from the machine. (If getting on at Allenhurst you buy
tickets on the train). The train arrives around 10:30 in NYC at Penn
Station on 34th St. You have plenty of time to walk, take a cab, or
take the #1 subway (to 59th St, Columbus Circle) to the meeting spot
for stepoff time.

MARCHING:
Our group will be marching smack dab in the middle of the parade
lineup! At the stepoff time around 11:30 we will walk as a group to
5th Ave, meet our float and walk behind it. The float can hold a
limited number of people. Hopefully we'll have such a big group not
everyone may get a turn riding the float.   Be emotionally prepared
for this. The number riding on the float will be managed by a system
of float passes. This is the pride MARCH, remember? The route is 4
miles long, and you'll be having so much fun it'll go by like that.

At 2:00 PM, the entire march stops and observes a minute of silence
in memory of all who have been lost to AIDS. The march ends in the
west village where there will be a street fair. In the evening there
will be a dance on the pier with Susan Moribito and  fireworks. For
more info on this go to http://www.hopinc.org/events/dance.cfm. You
can stay for these events, go back to AP, or go elsewhere.

Michael Brim and I (Brett Lowell) are Group Marshalls and will
wearing T-shirts indentifying us as such. You MUST follow our
instructions the day of the march, or directions from Group Section
Leaders (also in official t-shirts) to keep everyone safe and the
march running smoothly.

WHAT TO BRING? WHAT TO WEAR?:
Wear whatever makes you comfortable. Colorful summery beachy clothes
perhaps? Asbury Park T-shirts are always appropriate!  Wear good
walking shoes. Bring a hat!! Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. Bring
signs. Bring water. Don't bring alcohol. There will be time for that
afterwards, at the street fair.

ABOUT THE PRIDE MARCH:
The theme of our group is "Diversity by the Sea", celebrating Asbury
Park as a community that appreciates diversity, including its LGBT
members.

Heritage of Pride is a wholly volunteer-managed, non-partisan, tax-
exempt, not-for-profit corporation that organizes Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual and Transgender Pride events in New York City to
commemorate and celebrate the Stonewall Riots. These events are
organized for and on behalf of all lesbian, gay, bisexual and
transgender individuals and groups, and all others who support the
struggle for the liberation of these communities. In the spirit of
Stonewall, Heritage of Pride welcomes the participation of all,
regardless of age, creed, gender, gender identification, HIV status,
national origin, physical, mental or developmental ability, race,
religion or sexual orientation.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM