Keep the pressure on!

"I'm not considering raising taxes. It's not on my agenda. We have a very high-rate tax structure. I'm not considering it." --Governor Corzine, 2005

We the taxpayers have to force the Governor to live up to his promises. In the meantime, two polls have been released in the last week which clearly show that a huge majority of citizens oppose the Corzine tax hikes. Our elected leaders need to listen. With your help, this Saturday at 2 p.m. in Seaside Heights, they will hear us loud and clear.

A National Review Online story, "Corzine Sows Disaster in the Garden State," reads:

The truth is that governors from across the political spectrum have opted for budget restraint over tax increases.

Taming state expenditures is possible. It just requires a politician with enough backbone to stand up to the special interests that demand higher spending.

NASBO data also show that Corzine's package is the largest among the 11 governors proposing revenue increases this year, even as twenty state executives are seeking (mostly modest) tax reductions while the remainder have no major changes on their agendas.

Don't you wish New Jersey was one of those 20 states reducing taxes? At least we could be in the group with no increases!

Please continue to keep the pressure on by calling and e-mailing your State Senators and Assembly Members. Call (866) 730-0150 and ask to be connected to your legislators.

There are only two days to go until the Rally! Make your plans now to join us at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 24th, at Franklin Ave. and the Boardwalk, Seaside Heights. Make it a family day at the beach, while telling our lawmakers and Governor Corzine that we won't stand for any more taxes!

Directions to the Franklin Ave. Stage in Seaside Heights:

Garden State Parkway to exit 82.  Exit onto Route 37 East.  After you go
over the bridge, follow the signs for Seaside Heights.  You'll end up going
around and then under Route 37 onto Route 35.  As soon as you are on 35
there will be another sign for Seaside Heights directing you off to the right.  Almost immediately you'll come to a triangular median - stay to the right and you'll be on Bay Boulevard.  Take a left on Lincoln (it looks like it's 3 blocks) to Ocean
Terrace.  At Ocean Terrace take a left and go 1 block to Franklin Avenue.

The link below is a map of Seaside Heights.  Once you open it, on the left
hand side you can increase the size of the map.  Click on st. and that will
be the best size. Map link.

Check out the Take Back New Jersey Taxpayer Rally page for more information, including bus schedules to the rally from a number of counties.

See you on Saturday!

Steve Lonegan

New Jersey Director, Americans for Prosperity

Lighthouse Christian Center
162 Broadway, PO BOX 308
Long Branch, NJ 07740-0308
732.222.6224 - 732.822.7161
www.lighthousemission.com

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate Asbury park

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS