Before I respond to your reply, I must first ask you, do you ever make
a posting or a reply without the word "racist"?  It seems that is your
response to those that oppose your views.  Please offer thoughtful
arguments in the place of politically charged words.

Now, to your comments about my posting:

The assumption is not that all homeless people are felons or sexual
offenders.  The assumption is that since the other shelters will not
allow homeless people have been convicted of felonies or sexual crimes
that some of the forty beds of the Market Street shelter will contain
felons and/or sex offenders since the Market Street Shelter does not
check criminal backgrounds of their clients.  Sharon, can you or any
one else guarantee that without the same background checks the County
and the Salvation Army use that this will not be the case?  If so,
please elaborate how to the group.

I deal with homeless people every day at my work.  I place them in
ambulances to get treatment for their health problems.  I help find
the people that hit them in the head with a bottle and steal the
little possessions they have because the bad guy thinks they will get
away with it.  I try get them emergency housing, even when they are
afraid of the very shelters that can help them due to the same
problems with theft in the very place they seek refuge.  Oh, by the
way, the homeless people I deal with are a mixture of White, Black,
and Hispanic.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM