Jack,

It's funny that you mentioned us as an "Empire" in your closing lines!
 President Bush has regressed us BACK to being exactly THAT, similar
to the way England was in the 1400's!  We are now encroaching
Imperialists who invaded Iraq for Nothing, NOW Bush wants to attack
Iran, and use Nukes, because his feelings are hurt that he's Losing in
Iraq!

What's the Worst though, is that.. YES .. It IS happening on a
National Level ..... Bush and his People, including a small percentage
of Wealthy Democrats, are selling out the Entire US Population, aside
from the Super wealthy!

But if the Comment about "Monkeys" in your Story got you upset, then
HOW do you feel about our own Councilman, John Loffredo, pointing to
Three Afro-American KIDS and saying "That's the SHIT we have to get
rid of in Asbury Park"?  And I didn't witness it, my Millionaire
Landlord DID, and it turned his Stomach!

AND, it was in the Papers, also, that the same idiot said that all
Afro-Americans can get a Job at McDonalds if they NEED to work!  Fact
is, McDonalds leaves "We're Hiring Now" signs up 12 Months a year,
whether there are positions available or NOT! Not to mention that you
can't even support ONE person on a Month's Salary there!

As far as you're wondering how many People "Reach out to help
Afro-Americans" with respect to the Redevelopment .......... Probably
about 2% or less of the People, excluding out of Towner's who work at
the many Charities.

But it doesn't even MATTER, because the Three People on the Council
who are INTENTIONALLY Driving the Massive Gentrification Going On have
already out powered the ENTIRE rest of the City! And they're
Controlled by the Asbury Partners' Group and Backed by the GLBT
Population 100%, so ALL of the Power is TOTALLY Against the Blacks
EVER getting ANY Breaks at ALL!  And the Afro-Americans who help their
Own are severely Under funded & Overworked!

City Hall even diverts the Community Development Block Grant Monies,
intended to help the Poor, into things like Code Enforcement ... Which
persecutes the Poor who are forced into Substandard and Overcrowded
Living Conditions .... Due to --->You guessed it NO Rent Control!  The
State's even working on a different way to disperse those funds,
because they're aware of the Corruption & Racism in places like Asbury
Park!

As far as People "doing what they CAN with their Lives", the odds are
SO stacked against the Poor here, that they're actually BEHIND where
the Average Minorities were in 1975-80, during the beneficial stages
of Post-Civil Rights Gains of the 1960's!  That's pretty sad, but Very
True!

And Whites have slipped IMMENSELY in the past 20 Years themselves!
Mostly due to Reaganomics, then Republican controlled Government for
the next 15 of 17 Years (Clinton had a Republican Congress for 6
Years!) .. Reagan had his "Reagan Democrats" (Having Been a Democrat),
so he didn't have the normal problems with the opposite party in
Congress.  Clinton had NO Republican supporters!

As for your China comment, they ARE going to BE the next United
States, power wise! My HD TV, Lap Top, Camera and other things I just
GOT recently ALL were made in China! It's GREAT for our Retailers &
Corporations & Stock Holders ... The RICH!  But our PEOPLE get Screwed
out of JOBS!

And I just read an article in this month's Popular Science that South
Korea's Cell Phone Technology is about 5-10 Years ahead of OURS!
They're using Micro-Computers that operate wirelessly, run movies,
control home devices, track groups of friends , etc. Point is, we not
ONLY Exported the Jobs, we've LOST our Technological Edge
........Probably Permanently!  And 100's of Billions of Dollars in
Profits, as well as Jobs lost!

Jack, Long Term Asbury is SCREWED! And long term the USA as a hole is
TOO!  That's because it's ALL now run by People who are 100% OUT for
THEMSELVES!  BUT, Karma WILL happen, or, in American "What Comes
Around, Goes Around".

If our selfish City, State & National Leaders don't get punished in
THIS Life, then God will Definitely Get Them in the next ... That's OE
thing I know!  The Mayor's Scared of that, but he STILL Screws his OWN
People EVERY Day!

Have a great weekend,

Steve

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know what the answer is to all this, but I can say this.
> Racism is disgusting to me.
> The other day, out of the blue when I was talking about AP with a
contractor, he told a
> story about how his family owned a hotel in AP, and that they built
a pool, and how he was
> disgusted one day to find the pool filled with "monkees"
> He wasn't talking about the kind of monkee one finds in a zoo either.
> What sickened me about this is that he thought it was ok to be
racial in front of me, like he
> assumed i thought the same way he did.
> That attitude makes me sick, and it's sad that it's still happening
to this day.
> I wish Asbury's multi-ethnic makeup could integrate more then it
does. I wonder how
> many of the people trying to develop Asbury reach out to African
Americans etc?
> [...]
> > here for 50-100 Years!  They'll pay when they meet their Maker!  The
> > Same Group from Lakewood & NYC is doing it here now!
> >
> > Good Luck,
> >
> > Steve
> > P.S. CALL Dave Scott at (732) 988-0242 to get the TRUTH about the
> > Mission ... Don't believe those Dirt Bags at SUFA who are Lying to you
> > and distorting People's Views! Racism is based in Ignorance, Fear and
> > Hatred .... All of which those Leaders spew all over! The GLBT's and
> > Hasidics can dominate HELL after they're done with Asbury Park & Die!
> >
> > Dave is the Executive Director
> >

> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Greetings,
> > > Sharon didn't write the comment about trucking in people. I did.
> > > I got my information from standupforasbury.org, both from the
> > website and from a phone
> > > discussion.
> > > This is what stand up states;
> > > "The Mission is not offering a community service – it will serve the
> > homeless and
> > > drug abusers from Newark to Atlantic City"
> > > Could anyone provide clarification for this, because it sounds to me
> > like this mission will
> > > serve people other then from AP.
> > > If I'm wrong about this, I stand corrected.
> > > My major concern here is a worsening of the situation that has been
> > a part of Asbury's
> > > downfall.
> > > I, for one don't want to see our city further damaged by people who
> > don't know how to
> > > respect their city.
> > > You do make some good points though Steve.
> > > But one thing I'd like to say...if somebody becomes homeless due to
> > the socio-economic
> > > problems you've mentioned, does that mean they begin to lose their
> > morals too, and begin
> > > to do things like puke on my front lawn, throw liquor bottles on my
> > front lawn, buy and
> > > deal drugs etc? I guess some will, and others will take action to
> > better there lives, because
> > > the alternatives are just a dead end street.
> > > I encountered a women this evening who claims she recently became
> > homeless at 44
> > > because her husband was beating her. She was stinking of alcohol,
> > and she seemed fairly
> > > intelligent. Sadly, she admitted to me the only way she can survive
> > is by selling her body.
> > > It's really depressing to think that there is nothing else she can
> > do to survive.
> > > If you are correct Steve, then the future looks pretty bleak.
> > > In closing, it will forever amaze and sadden me that our poor little
> > city is suffering, while
> > > on the other side of Deal lake, just north of here things are quite
> > nice. I lived in that nice
> > > place for 10 years...Allenhurst...and even though i'm very well
> > versed in the history of
> > > Asbury, I still can't imagine how in 2006 our city is so troubled in

 There

Leaders

Violence

And after