--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon Boone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> >
> > Did anybody watch Greetings from Asbury Park on NJN last night?
> > If so, i'm wondering what people thought about it.
> >
> I thought it was great, seeing Asbury Park from a Black perspective
> and having frequented these places and knowing all of the Blacks
> interviewed, however, no one consults THEM on how best to develop
> Asbury Park, so that is is IN-clusive as opposed to being EX-clusive!
> Just my thoughts, from one of the majority.  BTW, have lived here for
> 36 years and no one has ever asked me, what I thought.  Not a monk-
> kee, either, for you name-callers, out there.

Sharon

There were public meetings. I don't think they excluded persons by
reason of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. The is an equal
opportunity redevelopment. It ignores everyone. Our mayor is a person
of color as is another councilman. There are others of color on the
public payroll as well. Let's not play the race card. This city belongs
to who ever comes to invest or live here, obey the laws and be
productive. Race, religion, etc. does give anyone a priority and it
certainly should not disadvantage them.