--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "Charlie,
> They are totally retarded here in the City as far as Traffic goes!
Virtually nothing is Computerized at all.  In the day time, all the
lights on Main Ave. should go green at the same time, so the traffic
can move through faster. It saves Pollution, Time and Fuel ($) to do
that, but they're too stupid, or busy using the extra $3 Million a
year from the Sewer Deal on SALARIES and Increases (For themselves),
instead of improvements in the City.
> You're right!
> Steve"
>
>   ha ha.  yeah, the lights on main are prety crazy.  that always
makes me nuts, all the stopping each time.  but by now, i know when
one is green, know the next will turn red as soon as you get close!
i use to post a lot, but havnt for the last few months, probably
close to a year.
>   charlie
> main st. is state highway 71, therfore the city has no say in
timing sequence of them, call your state reps. the new ones on
kingsley and cookman etc., look like a travesty waiting to happen, i
agree, about the sensors, lack of signage, right on red etc. they
have not been turned over to the city yet, and there is time to
correct these problems,contact your local reps., while at it ask them
why the city maintains all of the county lights on asbury ave.
something no other town does. both ocean and neptune many times the
size of asbury  maintain 1 traffic light the rest they make the
proper owners maintain, be it the county or state, while asbury
maintains well over 50, some of which should be eliminated and stop
signs put in.