What the Asbury park Press left out is that up until recently we had a
seperate public portion after all the city business was accomplished.
It was the last thing on the agenda, it was our time.

11 months ago Councilman Giordano struck the public portion from the
agenda and made us speak co mingled with the resolutions hearing.  In
many cases, if not all we have 15 - 20 resolutions on the agenda for
vote.  How can we ask abou these legislative resolutions and comment
all within the restricted time.

We at PLUS "Please Let Us Speak."  are asking that the City Council
restore The Public Portion on the agenda.  It has become apparent that
city officials who are afraid of public comment have something to hide
from the public.  Schneider and Destefano's position about talking
privately to them outside the "on the record" scope has not worked for
us here, because they will tell us what we want to hear, privately.
Often times reverseing and denying what was told an individual in the
future.

I am sorry to say the level of trust for our elected and appointed
officials is at an all time low.

Rev. Kevin Brown