Not sure if the statement about no new rateables is true.  Since Convention Hall is no longer a city owned property, is it still exempt from taxes?  That would be a new ratable since before the WFA the property was owned by the city.

2fine4u <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED].> wrote:

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "radio881gal" <restore881FM@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I posted The Partners' tax appeals yesterday to no reaction.
> > They're up on AsburyRadio.com.
> > Doesn't anyone have an opinion on this?
> > How devoted can they be to Asbury's return if they've
manipulated
> every
> > tax abatement they can get for their subdevelopers and have been
> > appealing their own taxes on every parcel on the 227 block - the
> > Convention Hall firesale block - since they bought them?
> > Maureen
> > Asbury Radio
> >
> Guppies eat their young don't they? My reaction - no suprise.
> Partners is certainly in its right to appeal its assessments
whether
> it shows good faith or not. I don't think it is any secret that
the
> only committment Partners has is to maximize its profit. Their
name
> Asbury Partners, is a misnomer. They are no partner of this city,
> except perhaps to the misguided powers that be that allowed
Partners
> such riches at the expense of the future of this city. The
assessor
> should have hit them harder and really give them something to
> appeal. While reassessment upon resale is not permitted,
waterfront
> land is very valuable as shown by the sales to the subdevelopers.
> The increased assessments that Partners' is protesting don't even
> come close to capturing that value. I don't know NJ law but I
assume
> they don't have to pay the increased amounts until the cases are
> decided. If that is so they are already piling up the years and
have
> appealed since 2003-2004. Four years after the WRA and still no
new
> rateables.

I'm with you word for word on this!

Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail. __._,_.___

Asbury park nj real estate United state flag Asbury park nj
Asbury park real estate United state travel

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS