> All fire  traps. The biggest is the pony or ch when they got their $99
> barbecues stinking up the place during a show. corrals up in the hall
> during a show, the pony with no way out. Then again, there's plenty of
> older places that are in the same shape - little way out.

CH, if properly maintained is no "fire trap". I was designed at a time when
public safely was
a huge consideration. The previous (wood) public buildings on the beachfront
burned in
'27 and '28.

The new technologies of the time were all put to use in building the CH and the
CAS.
Completely fire proof being made of steel. concrete, brick, tera-cota, plaster
and
architechtural metals.

There are numerous exits and large pumps in the basement to provide fire
fighting water
if it were ever needed. The greatest hazard is poor maintainence such as
letting garbage
and flamables accumulate inside the building.

Of course running propane grills is not safest thing to do in a public venue.

Werner