--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lightgrw <lightgrw@> wrote:
> Asbury Partners knows that the redevelopement can't work without
> music and entertaianment. I can't wait until they prove all of you
> nay sayers wrong.

Fred, I can see it myself, but believe me, I have it from good
sources. Asbury Partners is going to do nothing. That is just not
their game. They are not developers. All they will do is bring in
someone else to flip to. That is their business strategy. They are
not total idiots. Their studpity is not the reason why there has
been less than a half-hearted effort, it's their business
philosophy. They just won't develop. Won't run entertainment. That's
it. Finished.

The problem of this is that it wastes valuable time. Partners holds
out for the last dollar. They don't think like developers. They feel
they are sitting on a pot of gold and have 26 more years. There's no
hurry for them. They will make deals when they want. They will get a
piece of everything and create a monopoly on retail and liquor in
the redevelopment zone.

> I heard the City manager and Dep Mayor were at the Saint the other
> night. Were they there to close it down or were they there to
enjoy
> the music? Stop speading lies about the City wanting to get rid of
> the Saint.

I didn't spread that. I don't know what the city wants to do with
the Saint. Fishman is out of the equation on Main Street. The city
will do Main Street over eventually. A few deals are being talked
about. They will get rid of the uses they don't want. Whether that
includes the Saint I have no clue. I assume Terry and Jimmy went
there for the music and drinks.

I am not demonizing them. I have nothing against them personally.
They just need to do what is best for the city and that has not
happened and is not now.