Subj: [AsburyPark] Re: shooting and death
Date: 10/19/2006 2:53:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent on:

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, Allan Peterson <nnjallans1@...>
wrote:

> Keady want to use money for recreation. I say use it for COPS.
On app.com:

> "Our taxpayer dollars provide enough for kids to do,'' Kisha
Chambers said. She
> wants the community and parents to get involved, take care of the
children and be responsible for them.

I am not going to argue with you, however, remember what I said
about an occupying force. Some attention has to be paid to the
underlying problem. It is my feeling that if not drug-related, the
shootings have something to do with gangs. The young need an
alternative to both. I know, perhaps we did not have such
alternatives and the direction should come from the home. Well in
many cases it does not and everybody is affected by the outcome.
Recreation will not stop it in the short term. We need boots on the
ground, but we also have to look at long-term solutions. In the end,
it will never change unless residents take responsibility and take
back the streets. Whatever it takes.

Asbury park nj real estate United state flag Asbury park nj
Asbury park real estate United state travel