--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree completely, and once again, i'll say this. I went to a
council meeting and asked this
> very question..."When will Asbury Park bring on new law
enforcement resources to help
> fight the crime that is plaguing our city" and I was met with
blank stares by the council. No
> response...they just looked at me. Then, when the public portion
of the meeting was over,
> they never even discussed it.

In other words, you were stone-walled, as though you hadn't thought
to ask, huh?  This is a sad state of affairs, when an answer,
like, "we'll look into it and let me get back to you", is so
simplistic.  A good representative, would research it, ask questions
and then try to come up with a plan of action.  A small town like
this, should NOT be burdened with such urban problems.  Sounds gang
related, based on ignorance.  I spoke with a friend, who informed me
that neither parent is employed!  Shook my head, because my mindset
is so puritanical, in that I believe EVERYONE should work, as long
as they're able and healthy!  The kids here, have nothing to look
forward to, for one thing.  They want instant gratification,
the "bling-bling", style of life they see emulated in sports and
videos, which isn't the reality.  Those "un-reality"  and "survivor"
like shows, that pass for entertainment and how much of CSI can
anyone watch!  The girl, always looks stoned or something!  My
preference is PBS, but who am I, really?  I feel very sorry for the
kid and those before him, to have to live in a jungle-like
atmosphere, where the "game" is you, while over here on the East-
Side, "progress" is being made, but not for them.  Maybe, WE need
the National Guard and put the town on "lock-down"!
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lightgrw <lightgrw@> wrote:
> >

> > On Oct 19, 2006, at 10:03 AM, ju
> > >  By the way News12 and the Asbury Park Press sometimes work in
tandem
> > >  about their coverage of AP.
> >
> > The only problem is that while hiding the news might attract
more
> > people to buy the condos, it won't make the problem go away.
If
> > anything, this should be a story that spurs more action.  It's
true
> > that Asbury won't have much success (with condo sales or
tourism) if
> > the crime rate continues as it is.
> >
> > So why be upset when someone reports it?  Shouldn't we be more
upset
> > that the crime is actually happening?
> >
> > Don't blame the messenger.  Find a way to fix the problem.
> >
> > This is one reason I think total propaganda making Asbury Park
look
> > like a piece of Heaven right now is wrong.  Asbury does have
very
> > serious issues.  Wishing them away won't work.  Staying the
course
> > doesn't seem to work.  They need to come up with some very
serious
> > plans to rid the streets of crime.    This is almost similar to
where
> > NYC was before Rudy G.  - while I disagreed with a lot of his
opinions
> > on things the one thing that seemed obvious was he had a plan to
clean
> > up NYC and it worked.
> >
> > What's Asbury's plan?

***
> > Upstage Magazine - New Jersey's Premier Arts & Entertainment
Magazine