I think Asbury could use more community based events...not just for specific
groups, but for
the community at large.
The reason i'm commenting on this is based on what i've observed in the town
that I work in,
Bay Head.
I go to a fine deli there for lunch all the time, and the windows are filled
with fliers for all
sorts of events, from dog walks, to running events, art shows...all sorts of
things.
I don't see much of that taking place in Asbury. We do have events, but most are
for specific
groups.
I'd love to see events created that unite the east and west sides of Asbury.
Another thing i'd love to see is a dog run setup somewhere in town. I'd even
like to volunteer
to help set up and maintain one.
In Hoboken there's a great dog run that I used to go to every weekend. It's a
great place for
our dogs to have fun, and a great place to meet new and interesting people from
all walks of
life.
Another event that i'd like to see happen would be a city wide talent contest
similar to
American Idol, but we'd call it Asbury Idol. I think our schools are filled with
talented kids
looking for an outlet, and such an event would be great for everybody. It could
be held at
either The Baronet, or The Paramount, and I bet we could even get public access
time on
Optimum.
Kids need things to get excited, and proud about.