So impose a curfew, already!  In Union Beach a horn blast, goes off
at 8:00PM.  All kids 18 and under, who don't have part-time jobs,
either have to be with an adult or get off the streets!  Impose a
PERMANENT curfew!  I am FOR it! One infraction and you HAVE to pick
up your kid!  This is one way to get those responsible for these
kids to get involved!

> Some of the reporting from residents on the west side indicate
that
> teens hanging out is a problem and they want there to be
more "fear"
> (for lack of a better word) of the law. I see the police (at least
> on the east side) taking a very aggressive stance. I see cars
pulled
> over often and they aren't shy about stopping people when you call.
>
> Whether this happens too on the west side I don't know. I guess
> there always is the fear of claims of profiling, harassment, etc.
> Okay these are special times. My proposition - One patrol car on
> EVERY shift has the sole responsibility of traveling down EVERY
> street in AP with the simple task of pinpointng hangouts, etc. The
> route has to be varied so the scumbags don't have them on a
> stopwatch. It can be decided whether a marked or unmarked car is
> best. They reportin the trouble spots and force moves in. Move
them
> out. They go somewhere else, you move them again. Enforce anti-
> loitering (I know there was some issue about the language of the
> ordinance).
>
> The important aspect is that you cover EVERY block CONSTANTLY and
> NEVER let up on the pressure. I office per shift can handle this.
We