In my view, the problems that plague Asbury Park are indicative
of a larger problem.  While discussions about curb height, historic
preservation, and a convoluted redevelopers agreement are important,so
too are political discussions because the solution to Asbury's ills as
well as Society's ills will be political.

The average Joe doesn't much care about politics, having been
disenfranchised by the political process... as evidenced by the
pitiful poll turnouts.  So if this isn't the right forum to discuss
long term solutions... the operative word being 'discuss' how else do
we engage the general public into much needed dialogue?  Ff the
discussions are intellectually honest, and serve to educate rather than
simply facilitate goon-like behavoir, this can be a powerful forum.