Gary,

What's the status of the State plan to include a music HOF with
those others up at the Meadowlands?  Are they still going through
with that?

You should be able to get government funding for yours, particularly
if you can convince them Asbury is a better place.

Why don't you come to my fundraiser tonight?  It's at 6 to 8 at
Sunsets in Neptune.  Should be plenty of pols their for you to
corner and start lobbying for your cause.  The purpose tonight is to
promote Southern Monmouth, so everyone is going to be in that kind
of a mood.

If you can't make it tonight, give me a call and I'll be glad to set
up a meeting with some folks after November 7.

I'd really like to help.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lightgrw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In case anyone is interested in hearing it, the show that
interviewed
> me for WNYC radio is online at:
> http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck/episodes/2006/10/23
>
> They pitted Long Island music history vs New Jersey music history
and
> tried giving some exposure to two
> Hall of Fame museums that are trying to be built.
>
> I guess, in a way, you could measure the interest in the New
Jersey
> Music Hall of Fame (which we think should
> be placed in Asbury Park) by the fact that a New York Times
writer
> suggested us for this radio show two years after our initial
> announcement at the Stone Pony.
>
> The Hall of Fame idea is not dead.  It is going to be a very slow
> process but I really believe that it will be a great
> source of tourism wherever it is located and I think Asbury Park
is the
> best location - geographically, historically, and for marketing
> purposes.  We hope to get the movement forging ahead in the next
few
> months.  The main obstacle for us has been with raising money.  A
key
> figure in the redevelopment initially promised us a decent
donation and
> then failed to deliver.  That setup really hurt us a lot.
>
> If anyone here would like to know more about our plans - the
truth
> rather than the spin of a local paper - please contact me.  We'd
love
> to have you get involved.  I am hopeful that we might see the
launch of
> our own first induction ceremony in 2007.  The Hall of Fame will
honor
> musicians of every genre - rock, pop, jazz, blues, country, hip-
hop,
> classical, opera, etc. as well as honor inventors as music
industry
> legends.  New Jersey has a great music history that 90% of the
state
> and the country fail to recognize.  We want those stories to be
told
> and we believe that people will come to hear them.

***
> Upstage Magazine - New Jersey's Premier Arts & Entertainment
Magazine