Senator George Allen of Virginia use of the term macaca  ("This fellow here, over here with the yellow shirt, macaca, or whatever his name is.") resulted in the following:

1."RICHMOND, Aug. 14 -- Virginia Sen. George Allen (R) apologized Monday for what his opponent's campaign said were demeaning and insensitive comments the senator made to a 20-year-old volunteer of Indian descent."  (Note he did apologize though.)

2. Even though  Allen says he is "going to run this campaign on positive, constructive ideas," the remark seriously damaged Allen's credibility.  He is now known in Washington as Senator Macacawitz.   ( The "witz" because he's accused of trying to hide his Jewish heritage for political reasons.)

Recently, on this board:

Tommy: "I don't want to think about where Barney Frank wears his ring."

Will pay cash.

Photo of Frank Pallone and Barney Frank together: $50.00.

Photo of them kissing hello: $100.00.

Photo of them kissing on the lips: Priceless!

Dan:    "That is a very anti-gay snide remark. If I am reading too much into
that, please enlighten me. What did you mean? Where were you suggest
Barnet Frank "wears his ring" and what gives you reason to say that?

Dan: "Tom, still waiting for your stance on gay marriage.
Tommy: "My column on the subject has been on the front page of Joe D'Andrea's site for 2 years."

 Tree:  Despite the "public face" some  may want to project, unwitting remarks or lapses are often interpreted by the public as more revealing.

Forest: Even if Asbury Park's gay community asked for an apology from Tommy, it would be futile.  Repeated requests for an apology regarding his smear of Keady have been for naught.

Tree: Tommy doesn't put his money where his mouth is (the Saddam "quote").  Don't count on $100 for any pictures.  He'll claim he was only joking, being sarcastic, etc.

Cordiali saluti,

Asbury park nj real estate United state flag Asbury park nj
Asbury park real estate United state travel