The search:

        Joe Louis Max Germany radio broadcast cut

was the first search I did and it comes up with 281,000 hits, so yes
that is more than a quarter million, and that is what I posted.

I later referred to it as "many many" articles.

There's something wrong with that?  Honestly?

Why isn't Hinge telling you to stop yet?  If I posted this many
rediculous (I can't stress that enough about your post below)
comments having nothing to do with Asbury, I'm sure I would get a
post from Hinge telling me to stop and a couple of "here here's" to
follow.

I think you are obsessed with me.

It's getting a little weird.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In reference to  Backpedaler's comment :
>

> Saying "Legend has it" is appropriate  when introducing a disputed
matter,
> but make no mistake I'm not backpeddling -  my view is that
> it occured (besides, even Keady's precious Wiki says it  happened,
so who am
> I to argue?).
>
> Tree:    Actual number of hits.
> Forest:   Actual backpedaling reveals a tendency for squishy
toying with
> "quotes" etc.  (Note I wouldn't go as far to draw an analogy  with
Nixon's "I am
> not a crook.")
>

> 10/28
>
> A.M.    Tommy:    "Go Google it and  you'll get about a quarter of
a million
> hits."
>

> P.M.    Tommy:    "you will  get many many articles that talk
about the fight
>  broadcast being cut off in Germany...."
>
>     1. backpedaler      (javascript:void(0))  3 thumbs  up
> (javascript:void(0))
>
> A person who makes a bold statement, then, upon reflection
decides that they
> can't stand behind their reactive decision and does a  flip-flop.
The true