> I'd rather face that jury with an Italian surname than be black,
> latino or an arab.

Not arguing.

There are cases though, I promise you, where the vowel ending puts
you at a distinct disadvantage even against those groups,
particularly in business litigation.

Also any type of criminal case where the prosecutor can make subtle
references to it without arguing it.

Remember, you will hear people say of the Sopranos, "I knew guys
just like that in the old neighborhood."

People think he's not only real, but quite common.  Common is where
it spills over to you and me when the jury has to decide the
liklihood that we've done something wrong.