Copied from Asbury Radio site. While I disagree with Ed that your
position as an elected official keeps you from talking about the 800-
lb gorilla in the room, I will say that Ed is a class act. Again, I
suggest that the UEZ would be better served by focusing its efforts
on getting Asbury Partners to meet its obligations rather than this
petulant act. What will people see when they come here? The truth.
They will see it with their own eyes no matter how much you try to
avoid it in the press. Now the press release.

PRESS RELEASE      November 2, 2006 From Council member Ed Johnson

Today's Coaster Newspaper has run a front page story with comments
attributed to me that are incorrect. I do not call for, nor do I
endorse any call for Councilman Keady to resign his position and
leave town. My only comments with regard to this matter were to
refer all inquires to the UEZ Chairman and UEZ Director for specific
details and further comment.

I do join in the principle concerns raised by the UEZ, other
Community Organizations and citizens with regard to the comments
that were made on an evening news cast by Councilman Keady. I
believe that they were indeed harmful to the forward progress and
coordinated effort that our business community has put forth to make
Asbury Park a regional destination.

As a Councilman, I believe that we have a special responsibility to
protect and serve the positive interests of our community through
whatever challenges that we may encounter.

Councilman Ed Johnson
Asbury Park