[EMAIL PROTECTED],

In reference to your comment:

What if Keady is incorrect, what if there are really only 186 bloods in AP? What is the effing difference? Does anyone reading this not believe that Asbury, and the rest of the Nation, have a serious problem with these gangs?

What does it take to get to the issue that matters; What do we as a community intend to do to stem the rising tide of these vile gangs? Because if we, especially those of us who toil daily in the park, don't do something quick and decisive about the gang activity NOW!!!! we are going to be in some deep shit....

From Kate Mellina's "Behind the Scenes" column this week in the Coaster:

"Foremost on City Hall's list should be filling the vital police director spot with a nationally recognized expert in gun, gang, and drug control...."   She continues with suggestions about "Where could we find such a candidate?"; the role of council, manager, school officials, and the housing authority; the need for additional police; and cooperation from our major developers.

The entire column is worth a read.  She is a local columnist with gravitas.  Unfortunately the column is not available online as far as I know.

"Vote early, and often" this Tuesday.

Cordiali saluti,

Mario

Footnote:  "Rush Limbaugh Denies Going Off his Meds to Criticize Fox"

  http://www.thespeciousreport.com/2006/06061025limbaugh.html