--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It sounds like the people who don't live or just moved here(Keady,
> Hingie) or who own property here{Dan) don't care about bad public
> relations but the old timers do, why is that? Dan you being a
> Appraiser isn't it possible that Keadys remarks hurt property
values?
> I really wouldn't think so but that's your gig.

They could have, but that would be impossible to measure. In my gut
I don't think it hurt values any more than the shootings themselves.
Besides contrary belief, my issue is not criticisms of Keady, but
rather character assination and although I like Tommy, his spin and
distortion. No one deserves to be lied about. Everyone is
responsible for whatthey say and do - not what is misinterpreted -
purposefully.

Back to property values. What difference does it make if it is the
truth. Now here is where I am a hypocrite. I'll say what difference
is there between Keady's remarks about gangs and Fishman's comments
in the NYT real estate section last year or so about it not being a
good time to bring families here because the schools are not good?
If they are both true they have a right to be said. I am
hypocritical because I lambasted Larry for that (save you all the
trouble of going back to find my messages).

I only hate Fishman for one reason - he is screwing up the chances
of this redevelopment more than if each of us went on Good Morning
America and said they were massacring people here. I don't know why
you "old-timers" are not fuming at being soft-soaped. In no stretch
of the imagination can the total lack of progress on the waterfront
be considered reasonable. It is tantamount to the success of this
city and it is just not right.

I told Allan to fuck off because I don't want to play games. As for
rolemover, the more time you have been here and done nothing to move
this city forward - the more shame on you. Also, I pay plenty of
taxes and have chosen to keep my property for my family and not rent
it out - which I could make a killing doing so. Maybe I'll change my
mind and just say screw this city. Lastly, I would rather have
someone in office that said something I didn;t like as long as it
was the truth. I'm too old to have smoke blown up my ass.