traderdub

Which company are you with?

----- Original Message ----
From: traderdube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com" <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:04:58 AM
Subject: [AsburyPark] decay

Hey Jack, you write that it is too bad THEY let it decay, talking about
the metropolitan. What do you mean or what are you insinuating? Who is
the they. The owners of the building? The owners kept it going as long
as they could, once people stopped coming and renting rooms, what were
they supposed to do? Most asbury landlords went the route of renting to
Marlboro castoffs and then Section 8 came in and saved the bacon for
many of the east of grand landlords. I was also told that the zoning
permit to demolish the metropolitan was applied for this past Monday.

I think the complaints about the construction sites, and the constant
criticism of the work going on is a bunch of BS. The waterfront work
that dragged for 6+ years is now moving along pretty good to my eye. The
area around the pony is obviously a major construction site, I am amazed
that the city is allowing the pony to open with all the potential
hazards that are all around it. The fence and the pile of crushed stone
across from the pony are not only signs of progress, but also a sign
that somebody knows what they are doing. Recycling all that rock into
road beds is a good thing, no? And driving around AP and witnessing all
the work, 4 steel buildings going up, how many hydraulic lifts are
working 8 hours a day in Asbury? At least 10. How many buildings are
going through impressive reconstruction, I am responsible for 4!

And how many rotted, decayed and infested buildings have disappeared in
the past couple of months, including Anybodys? Hopefully the old M&K<l
and the block that has the phoenix sex club will soon disappear into a
cloud of dust.

OMG, even the steinbach's building has had an army of contractors
working in it these past few weeks. Why they are allowed to reserve
parking spots for themselves is beyond me, and the fact that not one of
the trucks has a 732 area code is a damn shame. Every project we do has
local contractors and suppliers whenever possible. It is a damn shame
that the big guys, the ones that could make an immediate impact on the
local economy don't at least try to use the locals. They don't even try
using the local vendors for coffee and PRE&C sandwiches on a hard roll
w/sp&k....

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. __._,_.___

Asbury park nj real estate United state flag Asbury park nj
Asbury park real estate United state travel