In defense of Jim; He is the Eyes and Ears, of this City.  Instead of
sitting on his hands, he touches you.  He has always, had the welfare
of the children, of this city.  Not saying that others haven't, he
just takes a hands on, approach.  He identifies with "the people".
He genuinely WANT to help those who either can't help themselves for
lack of resources or other reasons.  He is not afraid!  I don't think
I know a soul on the UEZ or the power they have to use our tax
dollars to do what, with!  I was on 2 boards at one time; Wesley Lake
Commission and the Board of Adjustment.  Now, I don't see anyone, who
looks like me. on any board, except the school board and 2 on the
City Council.  One was born here and the other, I still consider new,
but I only have one voice.  This is a Black town, run by whites, as
usual.  If this is still America, I'm entitled to my opinion, under
the 1st Amendment.  Flame if you wish, because at this point, I
really don't give a rat's you know what!  New people, with New money
want to move in, know every reason why Asbury is in trouble, want it
THEIR way, never what's good for the good of all, the ocean-front, is
being developed, while the underlying reasons the West Side STILL
looks the way it does, after 36 years is, no one gives a schitt about
Black People!  Kanye West, was and IS STILL, right!  George Bush and
the Powers That Be Here, just don't care, about Black People!  Credit
to John Loffredo; He has given MUCH, to the Children of Neptune AND
Asbury Park! My 2 cents!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> We aired yesterday - the Press  today
>
> Asbury Park's lightning rod
> Posted by the _Asbury Park  Press_ (http://www.app.com/)  on
11/12/06
> If Asbury Park Councilman James Keady were being graded on his
ability to
> alienate people, he'd be doing "A" work this marking  period.
>
> First, he irritated fellow council members by joining  union
workers
> protesting the use of nonunion workers in some of the  beachfront
redevelopment
> projects. Two weeks ago, following the  fatal shooting of 18-year-
old Tylik Pugh, he
> told a New York City  television station that Asbury Park was home
to 200
> members of the  Bloods gang â€" a comment that prompted the city's
Urban Enterprise
>  Zone board of directors to ask him to resign his council seat
and,  for good
> measure, to leave town.
>
> Now, he has incurred the  wrath of the city school board for
touring Asbury
> Park High and  meeting with students there without getting
permission from the
> acting superintendent. Keady says his visit was blessed by the
building
> principal.
>
> The issue here shouldn't be Keady, but  trying to solve the
problems Keady
> has demonstrated he is concerned  enough about to reach out
directly to the kids
> in the community. He  should be applauded for taking the initiative
to try to
> better  understand the city's youth and the dynamics of youth
violence.
> Instead of sending out letters criticizing him, the school board
should be
> encouraging every other council member and community  leader to
follow his lead.

> Keady says he obtained valuable  information from the students. "I
thought,
> and still do think, that  the solutions lie with them," he said. So
do we.
> Community leaders  need to engage those students, as well as their
parents and
> guardians, in an ongoing conversation. That will be much easier to
do if the
> council and school board can do a better job of conversing  amongst
themselves.

> Copyright © 2006 Asbury Park  Press. All rights reserved.
> Use of this site signifies your agreement  to the _Terms of
Service_
(http://www.app.com/privacy/) .
> (Updated June 7, 2005) Site design by _Asbury Park Press_
(http://www.app.com/)
> / _Contact  us_ (http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
Category=CONTACTUS)