--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not going to comment on this because I don't want to be seen
> as being hard on the Councilman. I'm just going to post these facts
> and ask all of you to comment on it.
>

> Particularly you, Kevin Brown.
>

> This from the Coaster, 06/28/06:
>
> New Jersey should enact a moratorium on eminent domain, Asbury
Park City
> Councilman James Keady said at a rally held at city hall on Friday.
>
> Keady said in Asbury Park the city council must have the courage to
> stand up to Larry Fishman, the chief executive officer of Asbury
> Partners, the city's redeveloper, and tell him won't allow him
> to take residents property from them against their will.
>
> "Very generally, no properties should be taken against the will of
> the owners," Keady said.
>
> This from Life Net News, 6/28/06:
>
>        Two City councilmen, Ed Johnson and Jim Keady, are outspoken
> critics of the use of eminent domain and refuse to vote to take
property
> unless the owners request it. Both of the local representatives
believe
> that redevelopment can occur without eminent domain. "Redevelopment
> should help the homeowners and the businesses that are in an area
> that's considered blighted," said Keady. "It shouldn't run them
> out of that area."
>

> Last night, the Springwood Avenue Redevelopment Proposal was
introduced.
> The Chairman of the Committee that wrote it is Jim Keady.   From
> today's Asbury Park Press:
>

> The city could use its power of eminent domain to acquire all
properties
> in the area for development.
>

> Please tell me what you think.
>

> Tommy.

Tommy:

I owe no allegiance to an individual to whom I have no covenant of
allegiance with.  If Councilman Keady votes to use eminent domain in
an abusive manner, "for private gain" - than I would publicly decry
him as well, on that issue only.

My support of elected officials is issues based, not character
based.  I support many elected officials on their positions on
certain issues, and do not support them in matters contrary to my
convictions.  I can see the "forrest" for the trees.  Much like a
surgeon, if the limb needs amputation, I would take the limb to save
the entire life.  If the patient decides his own life was not worth
saving, with out that limb, that's their decision to make, not mine.
Even if I donot agree with the patients decision, I still respect
the fact that it is their life to make such a decision.

My efforts would not be wasted in the least, in that specific
scenario.

KB