Two comments posted to APP on the shooting.

What is going on in Asbury Park? They are pushing "redevelopment" and
yet they have a big-time drug problem, gangs, high unemployment, the
highest crime rate in Monmouth county, etc...

All this, and the ruling elite expect people to pay $500k and up for
new condos? How can they expect people to come here and pay that kind
of money for a home when they can go to a much safer community? In my
opinion, any person who moves to this city needs his head examined.

I live in Asbury Park now and my lease is up in May. I can't wait to
get out of here. It was a big mistake moving here. This place is
dangerous.

Posted by: TwistedTransistor on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:47 am

----------

 this is crazy and it makes no sense. the city of asbury park needs
to do something about theses gangs and kids. there is no recreational
activities for the children. too much drugs,prostituition. it is so
easy to come here and buy drugs. actually it is easy to commit crimes
in asbury park period. we need to clean this place up. me myself i am
not part of the problem. i do no drugs,prostitution, or anything else
illegal. so i am not just running my mouth like some people are. we
need help. it needs to come soon actually yesterday. asbury park is
only 1 mile long. only 1 mile long. how has it all come to this??

Posted by: monhol on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:27 am