What if this group spent the next three weeks drafting a New Years
resoltion to fight crime in Asbury Park.  Show that you can unite under
this common cause instead of sniping at each other for the next 23
days. It's the holiday season anyway, you can be nice to each other for
a bit. What if you get ten percent of the city residents to adopt the
resolution January 1st.  What if you held a huge ceromony on New Years
Night with the majority of those people pledging to fight crime in
Asbury Park for just the upcoming year. They can help through community
policing, neighborhood watches, student outreach, church and civic
campaigns and the like.  I really think you can get people to unite and
battle this problem on all fronts.  You only have to snuff the crime
out for a year and then very little effort would be needed to maintain
the effort to keep it under control.  I know I am an idealist so don't
waste your time telling me this. Just give it a try.