That was my interpretation of his comment as well.

There are pro's and con's to any solution.  Zero tolerence is
certainly one worth discussing.  There simply isn't a solution to
this problem that is easy, that everyone will agree on and that
doesn't come along with side-effects that are not intended but
impossible to avoid.  Tough enforcement has consequences.  So does
lax enforcement - we're seeing those right now.

Don't know if Zero Tolerence is right - but I do know it was pretty
effective in NYC.  Not perfect.  But effective.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 12/9/2006 at 7:56:47 A.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com)
> Sent on:
>

> Personally I think you missed the point a bit of that post a bit -
> think the use "Marshall Law" was ill-advised but the focus of the
> post  was really about bringing on the best posible talent to our
> local police and  having strict enforcement of existing laws
> including quality of life  offenses. I don't think the point was
> enforce curfews and suspending  personal freedoms as is the
essence
> of Marshall Law. My guess is that was  used more as a figure of
> speech. The rest of the post below seems to be  reasonable.
>
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) ,
> "2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > You want to  declare martial law, do you? It means that for
those
> of
> > us who obey  the law, a curfew will be set, troops will be in our
> > streets and almost  certainly, suspension of habeas corpus,
denial
> of
> > council,  suspension of the constitution on people, that's YOU,
who
> > have done,  NOTHING! If you don't live in AP, shut UP! There are
> > times, I have to  pick up my daughter, from the train station,
after
> > midnight, because she  attends classes in NYC. Who the hell are
> YOU,
> > to want to do such a  thing? You'd disrupt the lives of those
who
> work
> > nights, holidays,  etc., in far locales, because there are NO
jobs,
> > here! Medical  emergencies happen in the middle of the night. I
> know!
> > My husband  had a mild heart attack, when? 2:30 in the morning,
> > that's when! I drove  him to the hospital, why? I needed to be
> able
> > to come and go to take  of business, he couldn't, that's why!
Hell,
> > I'll Move, that's what! We  already have a theocracy operating in
> > Washington and THANKS to the  Democrats, these bible-beating
> > hypocrites, will be GONE in January!  Everyone in America isn't a
> > christian. Just as Jews were rounded up in  Germany, Poland and
> other
> > European countries, you have muslims being  rounded up, detained,
> > beaten and denied their civil liberties. Hell,  give me a ticket
> and
> > I'll take my black a**, back to Africa! Then,  you'll have your
> > Mexican slaves to work for slave wages, here for you!  You
> > class-conscious bunch of hypocrites!
> >
> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) ,
> MarioAPNJ@ wrote:
> > >

> > > On 12/7/2006 at  7:52:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, apoojo@
> wrote:
> > >
> >  >
> > > HIRE THE BEST, hire the ones who will enforce the laws, all
> laws
> > > including quality of life issues ...
> > >

> > > There's much to be said  for the broken windows theory, a.k.a.
> > quality of
> > > life  issues.
> > >
> > > Go for it AP!

(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) _
> (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) )
> > Sent on:
> > >

> > > --- In  _AsburyPark@ --- In  _Asbur
> > (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) )
> ,

> > > about BS and start >  doing something.
> > > >
> > > i totally agree rome is burning,  what is the answer? declare
> marshall
> > > law and call in the state  police to clean up this mess? not a
> bad
> > > beginning! I read  today we will be hiring more police
officers,
> > > while this will  raise our taxes i have no problem with that,
> only
> > > ask no I  DEMAND one thing, HIRE THE BEST, screw the local
> list ,
> > > screw  the civil service list, open it to the county or state
> list
> > >  HIRE THE BEST, hire the ones who will enforce the laws, all
> laws
> >  > including quality of ilfe issues and not the ones who will
turn
> their
> > > backs because they went to high school with someone, HIRE THE
> BEST, i
> > > expect to take some flack from this statement, and to  you
asses
> who
> > > do not believe this could happen just go to the  library look
up
> the
> > > articles, see the pictures of police  officers hired in the
past
> > > because the fix was in being taken out  in handcuffs, JUST
HIRE