Chuck, It's not that i'm knocking Red Bank. It just doesn't have the vibe that
I like.
I know it's successful.
I spent tons of time in RB. I had an office there, I worked at the 2 Rivers
Times, did work at
Count Basie Theater.
I know i'm in the minority with my opinion, which is fine.
All I can say is there is very little to attract me there anymore. It's really
a city that's all
about retail now. I'd rather spend my money here in Asbury then Red Bank.
There are things I still love about Red Bank, such as the Count Basie Theater
and the great
movie theater they have because it's the only place around to see the kind've
movies i'm
into.
I wish there was an example someplace around here that I can relate my tastes
to.
Lawrence Kansas would be a good example.
On a bigger level, Seattle is just about my favorite city in America.
It still retains it's funky old charm in places, and that's what appeals to me.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Jack I understand and respect your feelings as stated above. But with
> thousands of people going to Red Bank everyday even in the winter,
> doesn't that suggest the Red Bank model is a good one?"
>
>   anyone who knocks red bank, in my oppion, has no idea what a downtown is
> sopose to
look like then.  red bank has pretty much everything, everything anyone could
want. kids,
adults, older people.  there are high end stores on broadway, more moderate
things to do
on monmouth and other side branching streets in the area.  down by the tracks
by the
galleria, pool.  beasue its a good place, growing and productive, it makes it
bad?  when
things get good, the high end places come along.  thats a sign of sucsess, not
failure.  its
only bad when they take over, and create something different then what the town
was.  red
bank has chnaged because of this, but if you look around, the original places
are still
mixed in and doing fine.