Here's a small, but good reason why we don't want more troubled souls in our
town...

ASBURY PARK: A homeless woman stole food and plastic containers from reception
area
outside the city manager's office, police said.

Carla Deleva, 52, whose last known address was in Keyport, was arrested Tuesday
and
charged with burglary and theft, according to a complaint.

She entered the municipal complex through the front door around midnight, Lt.
David Kelso
said. That door remains unlocked to provide entry to the Police Department, he
said.

But Deleva entered the city government portion of the building through the
elevators and
made her way to the area outside the office of City Manager Terence Reidy,
police said.

A maintenance worker found her sleeping on a couch around 6 a.m. and alerted
police, said
Kelso.

She was being held Wednesday afternoon at the Monmouth County Jail, in lieu of
$5,000 bail.