Hinge,
Could'nt reply to your post, but I thought the elevators and City Hall
portion of the entry way was locked, after hours?  Who knew?  Why
wasn't she taken to a shelter?  It's pretty sad, that there is a
Mission for homeless men.  What about women?  There's something wrong
with this picture!  I read that article in the Press, yesterday.

On the prostitution issue, I assumed that fighting this was ongoing,
police activity.  Seems a few years back, the Johns and Madams, were
picked up, names put in the police blotter and I knew some of those
being picked up!  None were from Asbury Park!  Seems they come here to
get their kicks!  Actually, I knew one individual!  It caused him to
retire early from his job, at the PRESS!  They no longer live in the
state!  Needless to say, I did laugh, because these people see
themselves, as pillars of the community!  They were from as far as NYC
and Atlantic City!  Many were from Deal, Spring Lake, Sea Girt,
Neptune, Belmar, Neptune City, Toms River, Brick and yes, Howell!

On another matter, looking for a "theme", for my year as State
President, of a veteran's organization.  I will need pins to give away
at my installation, July 2010.  Since I am native, to New Orleans, I
wanted the "fleur de lis", but they would be awfully hard to find
here.  Being a resident of AP, for 14 years and 36 years in Monmouth,
I thought of the sea-horse or carousel.  I will need a table display
for all state meetings, about 300 pins and 15 specialty pins for the
State Officers.  Right now, I am serving a one-year term, as Chaplain.
 Next year, I will be Historian and on up to President.  I was
thinking of Jewell Marketing, but if someone knows where I can
purchase carousels, pins and models of the old AP, I would be
grateful.  Please email me or write to:
S. G. Boone
PO Box 1243
Asbury Park, NJ 07712-1243
(732)685-5995-cell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
note:
I already receive catalogs ffom Collections, Etc. and Oriental
Trading.  Would love for all of you to see me installed.  It's right
out of the 50's!  Kinda like the Baby Parade.  My organizations raises
money for respiratory diseases in children, The Children's Miracle
Network, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Monmouth Medical Center, Long
Branch, St. Jude's Hospital and Nursing Scholarships.  It is the "Fun
and Fellowship", arm of The American Legion Auxiliary, State of NJ.
We are all wives, daughters, sisters and grandaughters of Veterans,
who are Legionnaires.  Since Asbury Park is my home, I am cordially
inviting this group to share in it.  I don't always agree on
everything, but know that I love you all, because you mean well.  When
I was President on the County level, I had all of my formal dinners
and installations, at the Historic Berkeley-Carteret.  They were
wonderful.  I even had one dinner at Rooney's, in Long Branch.  If I
didn't know better, I'd swear, I grew up, here!  So, if anyone can
lead me to some good pins and give-aways, I'd be eternally grateful.
What led me to ask, is, I saw a display in the current issue of the
Coaster!  Loved it!  Thanks,
Sharon